Top Social

Belo Review | Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid

5.03.2017
We are now in the middle of summer, the sun is high, big waves of heat, tanned skin and tan lines are what we see everywhere. Keeping up with this waether gives a lot of issues to some of us. As a morena girl I get easily dark if I stay for just a minute under the sun without any sunblock, this has always been my struggle so I never go out without my umbrella. I was always on the look for products that can help lighten my skin or help me get back to my normal skin tone whenever I get too dark or tanned. There was also a time when I gave up using whitening products because of how my skin responds to the sun. Now there's hope when I started using Belo Kojic products!

Belo released three products to keep our skin at their best, the Kojic soap has been around for months now and the BB cream. Adding a new product, I'm glad to have tried it, it is the BB Body Cream Tone Correcting Spray. 

A little background first, what is Kojic Acid? It is an organic compound that effectively inhibits the production of tyrosinase and melanin, giving skin a visibly lighter appearance.
Tranexamic Acid - A peptide proven to inhibit inflammation and melanin formation. It is ideal for stubborn dark spots that do not respond to other skin lightening ingredients.

In this blog is the review of my 3 week use and thoughts about the product. 

Belo BB Body Cream Tone Correcting Spray
When we hear BB cream we immediately think it is to be used for the face, but let me tell you Belo created one that's especially made for your arms and legs. The tone correcting formula focuses on making your skin flawless, evened out and glowing, while it conceals dark spots, as it whitens over time. It's claim says it whitens the skin deeply with its Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Formulation, it has SPF 50 and PA++++ which protects skin agains age-accelerating UV rays.

Directions:
- Shake well before use
- Hold can 6 inches away from the skin and spray
- Blend evenly
- Spray additional layers as needed

My Experience:
At first, I admit, I did not know the spray will have any color (it's a BB spray Alyssa, duh?!) since my focus was it's a tone correcting spray. I thought it will be transparent in color, so when I sprayed it I was shocked! The shade says it's "natural" so there I am again expecting it to be clear haha! I guess I was excited too much I didn't notice it will really be like a BB cream. Moving on, I placed it 6 inches away from my skin and sprayed on until it covered the top portion of my arms. I quickly blended the formula, it has a liquid-like substance formula, around my arms until it covered everything. It only required 1 spray to cover my entire arm. As you can see on the photo below my skin tone is not even, as I have dark spots, but when I used the tone correcting spray I'm glad my arm looks even! I was really skeptical at first and thought it was a gimik but it works and helps conceal any dark spots.

Does it transfer to your clothes?
- No, I wore a white shirt after my first use and there were no transfers.

Did it melt from the skin?
- No

Did I use it on my legs?
- Yes and it was not sticky

It's just like putting on a BB cream but on your arms and legs. I'm glad about this, however it does not match the color of my face since it's a lighter shade haha! The claims are also true, it lightens your skin as it conceals dark spots. Will I use it again? Maybe, but for now I'm good with a simple lotion with SPF 50.

Above: With BB Body Spray, Below: Without

Left: Belo BB Cream (face) Tone Correcting, Right: Kojic Intensive Whitening Bar

Belo BB Cream Tone Correcting claims to cover blemishes and imperfections as it works to intensively whiten skin. The formula consists of Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid, Tone Correcting Formula and SPF 50 & PA++++ just like the tone correcting spray. So they, the tone correcting spray, have the same focus, to conceal dark spots as it whitens your skin. 

Directions:
- Tap before use
- Apply a small amount onto face and blend evenly with fingertips.
- Can serve as a primer substitute

My Experience:
I haven't used BB creams on my face before and this will be the first time. It says you can use this alone everyday for a flawless base, or layer it under your favorite foundation and that's what I did! I used the BB cream as my primer and blended it with a sponge than my fingers. The product does not easily settle on your skin so you can blend it well plus it has a matte finish and is not tacky. I have tried using it with my Mac foundation and Too Faced Born This Way foundation and I was glad with the outcome! My face became flawless and smooth plus the makeup did not move around my face, it did not settle on some lines, it's perfect! Shall I use it again? HELL YES!


BB Cream Tone Correcting



It's claims say it is the most intensive whitening bar. Combining Kojic Acid and Tranexamic Acid is clinically proven to whiten 64% better than products that use Kojic alone.

For best results:
- Discontinue other whitening brands one week prior to use as this may not be compatible.
- Use twice daily for the face and body.
- Use with Belo Intensive Whitening Body Cream and face and neck cream

My Experience:
I was not a fan of Kojic soaps because my skin usually becomes darker whenever I get exposed to the sun! However I gave Belo a chance to change my mind and now I can't say I'm hating it because I do think it's lightening my skin! Adding Tranexamic Acid to Kojic is a big leap for my skin. I haven't seen any drastic changes yet because I don't let it stay on my skin for too long because of the stinging sensation. But I'm hoping it will whiten my skin in the long run. Will I use it again? Yes!

All in all I loved the new products of Belo! Many thanks to Sample Room for letting me try these amazing products! If you want to try these products as well click on these links:
Belo Intensive Whitening Soap
Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream
Belo Intensive Whitening BB Cream Spray

 Till my next review.

Lots of love
Alyssa 



2 comments on "Belo Review | Kojic Acid + Tranexamic Acid"

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature