Top Social

Too Faced | Born This Way Foundation Review and First Impression

1.17.2017

Last year Sephora launched online in the Philippines and I was ecstatic about it. Sephora holds a lot of international brands which you can't find here locally. What got me extra giddy was too faced is now available! I've been hearing a lot of great reviews about their products from beauty gurus and now I have a chance to try them too.

My first ever product was their Born This Way foundation, purchased last October I think (I know the box is not in it's best form anymore since I use it a lot, putting the foundation inside the box all the time after every use hahaha). What caught my attention about this particular foundation is its claims about the "undetectable coverage", plus it's coconut infused where it replenishes skin moisture levels, who doesn't want that!? Mind you my skin type is dry to normal and a tad oily on my t-zone.

I'm no guru about makeup but this is what I expect for the foundation:
- doesn't have a strong scent (hopefully)
- not tacky to the face and patchy
- easy application
- doesn't look like I have anything heavy on
- medium coverage
- has a pump
- glowy or dewy finish


The product is very well designed, which has an embossed logo on top of the bottle and ornaments around the edges. 

SEPHORA - P2351

The bottle is frosted glass so it looks more classy, plus the embossed logo of Too Faced.




CLAIMS (Too Faced - Vegan Friendly)

This revolutionary foundation is infused with a potent combination of Coconut Water to naturally replenish moisture levels; nature’s resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity and Hyaluronic Acid for a smoother, more youthful appearance.

Let them think you were Born This Way.

MORE TO LOVE:

  • Medium-to-full undetectable coverage
  • Oil-free
  • Coconut Water helps delicately replenish skin’s moisture levels without overhydrating—for the look of radiant skin
  • Infused with the resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity
  • Hyaluronic Acid helps balance skin for a smoother, more youthful appearance
  • APPLICATION TIP: For medium coverage, apply a small amount from the center of the face outward and blend with fingertips, sponge, or brush. Build to full coverage by layering as needed.


As we all know finding the right shade for you is hard and it takes more time to learn what shade you really are in lalo na kapag online ka bumili, the struggle is real. Here I have the shade in SAND which is not the right color for me, as of the moment, since it's a bit darker but if I'm tanned it's the perfect shade for me. Another great thing about Too Faced is a wide variety of shades, they have 18 shades in their website as of now and 12 shades on sephora.


One thing I like about this foundation is it has a pump so it's easier and the foundation is maximized.




The consistency is almost water like and very blendable and buildable, I use a stipling brush when applying on my face. This is what the coverage looks like, it's medium coverage, it looks skin-like in actual and by the way it has a bit of coconut smell which is amazing! 

OVERALL
The first time I used this it was instantly love at first use! Here are the things i love about it:
- The smell is amazing
- Medium coverage that looks undetectable, skin-like
- Lasts up to 8 hours or 5 hours unless I sweat (since   it's here at times)
- Design wise it looks elegant
- It doesn't settle on fine lines or cracks
- Sits very well on my nose
- I can use my maybelline powder on top
- Dewy finish

I hope you guys find this helpful! Comment down below if you have questions :)


Lots of love

Alyssa 
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature