Top Social

Cocina Peruvia | Authentic Peruvian Cuisine

2.13.2020
In today's food industry there are tons of food options, a wide variety of cuisines and some are made to match the palate of Pinoys. I know comfort food is always the way to go when your outside and want to have lunch, but have you ever thought of trying something new? Maybe something you might be interested in and not have the courage to try yet. Well now is the time! If you are looking for a new restaurant or dish to try I recommend Cocina Peruvia!

Cocina Peruvia is an authentic Peruvian restaurant that has been heavily influenced by the Spaniards and other nations which made an impact on their food. As of now, Cocina Peruvia has 2 branches, The Podium, and Ayala Malls Vertis. I have tried their dish once during a food crawl but they were just bite sizes, now I get to try the real deal!


I love their color palette for the interiors, plus their Mexican Talavera tiles look so nice!

Now starting with their dishes, the first one up is the Ceviche Mixto.

CEVICHE MIXTO (290PHP)
Starting with the appetizer we have their Ceviche Mixto, this is the freshest appetizer I've had so far. It has shrimp, mussels, squid, octopus, aji rocoto, and lemon juice. This one can really cleanse your palate, although it's full of fresh seafood it doesn't have that fishy taste to it. I can sure finish this whole thing and not share! ;D

BEEF HEART SKEWERS (320PHP)
When this was served I had no idea it was a beef heart! After devouring a whole stick did I discover what this wonderful dish was. It was the most tender meat I had, I thought it was a rare steak that's been cut to cubes but man was I wrong. It was surprising because the texture is just like a steak! Although it has the tiniest bit of powdery texture like of a liver, it's still good. I mean the marination is on point and panalo! Don't forget to partner it with their aji anticucho and chimichurri. Mas panalo swear!

PARRILLA PLATTER (1050PHP)
If you can't choose what Parrilla line you'd want to try then better order their Parrilla platter. It has chicken, pork belly, salmon, chimichurri sauce, aji mango barbeque sauce, patacones french beans. I didn't get to try the aji mango barbeque sauce but the chimichurri already made up for it! The meats are all tender, well marinated and juicy as well. I really recommend the pork belly! Don't forget to order rice for this, nakakabitin! Try their chorizo rice which is 300php regular and 750php for grande.

SALMON (550PHP)

LEFT: PATACONES FRENCH BEANS, RIGHT: CHICKEN (350PHP)

PORK BELLY (350PHP)

BEEF SALTADO (450PHP/1190PHP GRANDE)
Their Beef Saltado has beef tenderloin, onions, tomatoes, and fried potatoes. I think I liked this too because it has lots of garlic in it and the sauce is superb! Not too salty, just the right amount. The fried potatoes also made me happy! Just look at it :D

GALERA DE CHOCOLATE (320PHP)
Last is the dessert, it has dark chocolate ganache, blue crisps, tortillas, dried figs in syrup. I'm no big fan of dark chocolate but surprisingly this is the only dark chocolate I ever enjoyed! Since it's a ganache the dark chocolate doesn't have that bitter taste. It may look like a bar of hard chocolate but it almost slices like butter! The dried figs also gave more texture to the dark chocolate ganache and well eaten together. Oh and the design of this dessert looks like a boat and the tortillas are the mainsail. This dessert is a definite must-try!

Although Cocina Peruvia is an authentic Peruvian restaurant, Pinoys can appreciate and enjoy their dishes because we can relate to their food. I highly highly recommend this place!


Overall
Food - I've only tried a few, but they already made me want to try more!
Price - Their dishes are not too expensive, but you can dine here every once in a while.
Ambiance - I really love how festive their color palette is plus the Mexican Talavera tiles are so lovely
Parking - The restaurant is inside the mall so no problem with parking.

- The Podium 5F
- Ayala Malls Vertis 2F North Mall

Hours:
Mall hours

Contact:
2F Vertis North Mall, Quezon City
(02) 7-753-6207

L5 The Podium, Mandaluyong City
(02) 8-477-7674

Facebook: @cocinaperuviaph
Instagram: @cocinaperuviaph
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature