Top Social

Our Story at Dumdoughph

6.22.2020

When I was in high school I remember someone asking me what I wanted to do in 10 years and I told them I want to set up a cafe. 10 years later and my goal was not yet achieved, but that doesn’t mean that my dream of someday owning a cafe faded. It has always been at the back of my mind, and I continue to work hard to at least have enough budget to start small. I’ve spent a lot of time researching business ideas and even considered franchising. But at the end of the day, I settled on working on my own brand. This quarantine period, I was finally given the chance to push through, start small, and dip my foot into this big pool of food industry.

I thought about selling a lot of products – from pastries, food trays, and even meat. But my love for desserts helped me settle on Peanut Butter and Homemade Ice Cream! I love sweets so why not start with that? I thought of peanut butter because Pinoys loooove palaman on their bread and I wanted to have a go and provide that for them. We chose ice cream is because my mom loves it.

Having that settled, we proceeded to think of a name for our store. We wanted something cute and catchy. On this one, Kevin immediately suggested “Dumdough”, the name we call our dog! Side note: It’s a little funny because our dog is really cute but looks a little dumb (lol) hence the name Dumdough. I also wanted to put my own touch to the brand so we added an owl on the logo since we both have big and sharp eyes. Kidding aside we wanted to make sure that Kevin, my mom, and I have our own bits and pieces into this brand. 


Currently, we’re offering 3 ice cream flavors - mango, cheese, and cookies & cream, but we plan to expand soon. For the Peanut Butter, we have Plain and Super Seed which has pumpkin and sunflower seeds that are very nutritious! Building this product list took a lot of time and research, especially since we’re not trained chefs, but we’re proud to have these out. 











Starting our own business was a bit of a challenge especially since we’re all scared of the spread of the virus through physical contact. So having a contactless payment option was a must for us when we launched. For this, I downloaded PayMaya Negosyo, an app that allows small business owners like me to accept cashless payments. There are three ways to receive payment using this app: 

  • Accept payments from PayMaya users via PayMaya QR code (this QR code can be shared on social media and messaging apps)

  • Receive payments from upgraded PayMaya users through the Send Money function of the app

  • Process bank transfer from any Insta-Pay participating bank and e-wallet in the Philippines

Business owners can accept up to P250,000 monthly. They can also transfer the money to their bank account via Instapay.

Having PayMaya Negosyo on hand is really convenient. With this, I don’t have to worry about getting the virus because I can practice social distancing more effectively, even for my payment transactions with customers. 

PayMaya also offers 1%, 10%, and 100% cashback on QR transactions. Since I have a QR code for my business, I can easily offer this promo to my customers, without incurring additional expenses. As a business owner, I really find this really helpful in giving my customers extra perks. 

It’s really easy to register and use this app, you just have to download from Google PlayStore. If you have an existing PayMaya account you will need a new number for the PayMaya Negosyo app. After you register they will process it within 48hrs, but I got mine verified within just 10 mins! For more details, you can check out https://www.PayMaya.com/negosyo-merchant

Thank you so much for reading our story, we hope to reach and serve more satisfied customers and grow the business. All the praise and glory to our God.


Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature