Top Social

Chibog Time | CHIBOG SOCIETY

2.01.2019
We all know Banawe is one of the places to go for food adventure, although it is swarming with Chinese cuisine there still are places to search for and find good food. Just in front of the Philippine Orthopedic Center you can find Chibog Society. This humble Pinoy restaurant is like your regular karenderya but leveled up. From the usual tapsi, pares, goto, batchoy and a lot more you can find them all here!

What I like about Chibog Society is you can easily find them, and they have a great location. So how do you get to their place?
- For cars you can easily find them through waze
- From Edsa Quezon Ave, ride a jeepney (Quiapo or Welcome) go down at Banawe and ride another jeep going to Orthopedic Center.
- From Quiapo ride a jeep (Proj 6, Proj 8 or Philcoa) go down at Banawe and cross the overpass. Ride another jeep going to Orthopedic Center.

Now let's checkout their menu! They have a variety of Pinoy food plus they have barkada meals with beers ;)

Let's start with their Beef Tapa and Egg.


BEEF TAPA + EGG (P125)
Beef tapa is one of my favorite meals, it's one of the safest meals you can try anywhere you go. For Chibog Society's tapa I can say is I like the flavor and the garlic bits, it has that sweet savory flavor. However the meat that was served was a bit tough and hard to chew. Maybe they can use a mallet to make the meat more tender, other than that it was nice.

LEFT: BEEF PARES (P150), RIGHT: ICED TEA (P25) BLACK GULAMAN (P65) CALAMANSI JUICE (P45)
Starting with the Beef Pares I can say I was weirded with the small bits of beef haha but I thought maybe that was their version. It has that sweet sauce we know and love paired with their garlic rice. The meat is good, tender and your palate will surely enjoy.

*Must try
CRISPY PORK SISIG (P170)
If you are a fan of a saucy sisig this is a meal you'll like. The sauce has that creamy mayo taste, added that spicy kick of chili placed above your sisig. Just make sure to eat this after serving to get that crispy factor.

BATCHOY (P150)
I admit, the only Batchoy I've tried before this meal is Lucky Me Lapaz Batchoy XD. I don't have much reference for Batchoy but I actually enjoyed it. The egg added texture and taste to the soup. It has that meaty after taste coming from the liver. Loved it! One bowl is perfect for merienda.

*Must try
LEFT: SPICY CHICKEN WINGS (P198) RIGHT: LOMI (P150)
Their Spicy Chicken Wings are really spicy but you can still enjoy it. I was surprised with the Oriental taste and good thing is I actually enjoyed it! The chicken was cooked well.

Their Lomi was alright for me, maybe it just lacked something but in all I still enjoyed what was served to us. The soup tasted nice and the noodles were cooked the way I like it, not soggy at all.

*Watch out for my video on my channel to see the whole experience!

OVERALL:
Food - They have a great selection of food! I enjoyed most of it, flavor wise spot on. They just need to work on the tenderness of the tapsilog, else it was all good!
Price - It has the usual prices we can all afford, there are only some meals that are a bit pricey. However the serving sizes compensated.
Service - Staff are friendly and they were quick to answer our questions.
Ambiance - It has a great location, interiors are simple and I enjoyed our dining experience.
Parking - They have a small space in front but they can ask the neighbor for you to park there.

Chibog Society
Banawe Corner Maria Clara Street QC

Operating Hours
Mon - Sat 9am to 10pm
Close on Sundays

Facebook: @chibogsociety

Lots of love
Alyssa ♥
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Auto Post Signature

Auto Post  Signature